NH Youth Employment Certificate
State of New Hampshire
Dear Parent/Legal Guardian:
The attached Youth Employment Certificate is required for any youth 12 to 15 years old and must be on file at the employer's place of business within three business days of the first day of employment.
- Please complete the top portion which includes the employer's name, employer's FED ID number and the business address; this information should have been provided by the employer upon the offer of employment via the employer's Request for Child Labor form (available on the DOL website).
- Next is the name, age, date of birth and sex of your child; then the job description, which also comes from the employer's form. Please be aware there are restrictions on the types of jobs permitted by the New Hampshire Department of Labor's child labor laws, as well the United States Department of Labor's child labor laws (we have attached this information for your convenience).
- The youth's signature, parent's signature and date of issue are all required to be completed/included on the mid-section of the form.
- Upon completion of the form:
- Provide a copy to the employer for their records; Provide a copy to the DOL at the address below; Retain a copy for your records.
If you have any questions regarding the Youth Employment Certificate form or the youth employment laws, please feel free to contact us.
To contact the NH DOL Inspection Division
By email: Inspectiondiv@dol.nh.gov
By phone: (603) 271-0127
By mail: NH Department of Labor PO BOX 2076 CONCORD, NH 03302-2076
All youth employment information is available on our web site at: http://www.nh.gov/labor/inspection/wage-hour/youth-employment.htm