Dover High School and Regional Career Technical Center Information Update
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
The second of three school-day SATs will be administered to members of the Class of 2020 on Wednesday, October 14th who signed up in advance. Because of proctoring needs, there will be no live teaching tomorrow. Students should check into their Google Classroom at their assigned timed to access their assignment for the day. There will also be no Advisory tomorrow.
Students can park in the front parking lot or be dropped off in front of the school. Students should go to an empty cone to await entry in the building. Please be on-campus at 7:30 am. Late arrival may jeopardize your ability to take the test. Students have received information on all the College Board guidelines they must follow, especially those around electronics.
Students must follow the following safety protocols:
- Self-screen at home using the Google Form that can be found at If you do not feel good stay home, we can move you to the October 27th administration.
- Students must wear masks on buses, in the parking lot, and in the building. Cloth masks must be two layers and all masks must cover the nose and mouth. Gators and/or bandanas are not allowed.
- Social distancing is always to be maintained. Students need to stay at least six feet apart from one another.
- Students need to follow designated traffic patterns and stairwell designations.
Please continue to have conversations with your students around appropriate social media use. Students are creating a digital footprint that can impact future opportunities. They also need to be constantly reminded to not forward, like, or inquire with peers about social media posts. The impact of students’ social media activities needs to be constantly reinforced with your student(s). We will continue to make digital citizenship a component of our Advisory program at all grade levels.
Please see the information on the opportunity to get a flu shot for your student.
No-Cost, Drive-Thru Flu Clinics for Dover StudentsDear Dover School Family,
This fall, Dover Schools will host FREE drive-thru flu clinics for all students where your child can get an annual flu vaccine. All vaccinations will be given by trained medical staff. This flu clinic is offered in cooperation with the New Hampshire Immunization Program (Division of Public Health Services) and the Strafford County Public Health Network. A form that must be signed by a parent or guardian for students under the age of 18 will be available at each clinic.
We will be taking extra precautions to make these clinics safe; including required masks for all attendees and staff, social distancing, and cleaning and sanitizing our work stations after each student is seen.
Bring your student(s) to any of these clinics to receive their annual flu vaccine at NO-COST:
- Tuesday October 13th from 4pm – 6pm at Horne Street School- cancelled due to forecast of heavy rain
- Wednesday October 14th from 4pm – 6pm at Dover Middle School
- Thursday October 15th from 4pm – 6pm at Dover High School
- Wednesday October 28th from 4pm – 6pm at Garrison Elementary School
- Thursday October 29th from 4pm – 6pm at Woodman Park School
*Students may attend any clinic, regardless of what school they attend.
The best way to protect against the flu and its complications is to get a flu vaccine each year. Anyone can catch the flu, but rates of infection are often highest among children. Some children may suffer from complications if they have other health conditions like asthma, diabetes, or heart disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services recommend that everyone six months of age and older get a flu vaccine.